On-Site Mobile Testing Services
Compliance Central offers Mobile Hearing Trailers designed to facilitate compliance with MSHA and OSHA Occupational Noise Exposure regulations
by providing onsite training and testing with accurate, reliable equipment.
We operate two testing vans in order to provide our clients with first-rate audiometric testing services in a timely manner because we understand that limited production downtime is key to any business. Each van is equipped with state of the art equipment and well-trained technicians who carefully monitor each testing session in order to get the best possible results each time.
- Audiometers – Tremetrics RA650 Microprocessor
- Maximum Seating/Testing Ability – 8 tests/session: 2 sessions every 30 minutes
- Background Noise Levels – Background noise levels are well below applicable levels. Background noise is monitored by an OSCAR VII bio-acoustic monitor which automatically pauses testing if background noises exceed ANSI standards. Additionally, the audiometers are designed to pause/alarm if the test subject responds to anything other than the tone presented.
- Air Conditioning – 18,000 BTU keep our van at 68 on the hottest summer days
- Power Supply: 220V
Annual Hearing Program
We can also provide all of the annually required training at the time of testing. Just let us know! Unlike the “other guys”, we don’t just show a boring video or hand out a brochure and call it done, our training is given in a lecture format with lots of prompts for interactive discussion. Many of our clients tell us that employee cooperation in wearing their HPDs and wearing them CORRECTLY has gone up drastically after our training!
Some of our clients still do their own hearing testing the old fashioned way — they do it themselves. Once the tests have been conducted, however, they still must be read by a “professional supervisor”, defined as an ENT, Certified Audiologist, or Occupational Physician. The role of the professional supervisor is to identify shifts and medical referrals, and occasionally to make a work-relatedness determination on a shift. If you do your own testing, consider letting us fill your role as “Professional Supervisor”. Once you send us your test results, we can provide the following:
- Review for shifts – recordable and non-recordable
- Review for Medical Referrals
- Determine who has not been tested
- Provide a year-end report of all data
- Work-Relatedness Determinations
You will also now have all your data in a computer database, and you’ll be surprised at how cost effective this can be for your business!